At Imran Khan Cancer Appeal (IKCA), all of our work on the ground happens through the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital (SKMCH) in Lahore and Peshawar. In 1994 you helped us inaugurate Pakistan’s first cancer hospital and research centre in Lahore, complete with state of the art cancer diagnostic and treatment facilities for the needy under one roof.
Since then, you have also helped to establish a number of centres all over Pakistan to help in the awareness, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
With your support and trust we hold fast to our mission: to provide comprehensive, world-class cancer care, free, to the poorest people in Pakistan. Together with you, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital (SKMCH) and Imran Khan cancer Appeal (IKCA) continues with our battle against incredible odds on behalf of the thousands of patients who would otherwise have little or no hope of survival.
But with costs increasing every year, it remains a constant and uphill struggle. For many cancer patients who come to our hospital, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital (SKMCH) is a final hope. Ultimately, it is your Zakat and Sadaqah that decides how many patients we are able to treat every year. Without your donations we simply could not help as many people as we do.
Read our story of free cancer care in Pakistan here.
Please continue to support our workCalculate and Give Your Zakat
- In 1994 we set up Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital (SKMCH) and Research Centre in Lahore, Pakistan. It was the first specialised cancer facility in the entire region to provide both cancer diagnostic and therapeutic facilities under one roof.
- In 1995 we opened the doors to our second Hospital in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- We are currently working hard to complete the building phase of our third hospital in Karachi.
This will serve people across the Punjab region.
Each hospital houses specialised diagnostic and therapeutic facilities under a single roof. At Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital(SKMCH) and Research Centre we:
- Save thousands of lives through free or subsidised medical care for cancer patients.
- Carry out research in an effort to find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
- Educate healthcare professionals and raise public awareness of cancer, its signs and its causes.
Since 1994 we have continued to grow and expand our reach. To meet demand and support patients in harder to reach areas, we’ve established Diagnostic Centres, Laboratory Collection Centres and Outreach Screening Clinics nationwide.
Some of our key achievements:
- Did you know that SKMCH conducted the first ever bone marrow transplant in Lahore in 2006?
The £14,000 procedure was carried out at no charge to the patient and was made possible through the generous support of an anonymous donor.
- Did you know SKMCH was the first hospital in Pakistan to procure a PET CT scan in 2007?
A Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Computerised Tomography (CT) scan is an imaging technique that provides vital information about the activity of cancer cells. Patients in Pakistan had to go abroad to undergo this test in the past.
- In December 2015 our second cancer hospital was inaugurated in Peshawar. We are now building a third Shaukat Khanum Hospital in Karachi, which you can support.
At IKCA we believe in providing cancer care for patients irrespective of whether they can afford it or not. We also believe free treatment shouldn’t mean poor service. Part of our promise is to ensure our Hospital stays current with technological advances in the medical field. Therefore SKMCH is committed to pioneering cancer research in Pakistan; keeping abreast of the latest breakthroughs in cancer treatment; and acquiring state-of-the-art medical equipment.Support our Hospitals Calculate and Give Your Zakat Sponsor a cancer patient
We need your Sadaqah & Zakat.
Your Zakat allows us to provide free treatment to 75% of patients at Shaukat Khanum every year. However, we cannot use Zakat to purchase medical equipment and medicine, or to build the hospital wards needed to save lives. This is where your Sadaqah comes in. Find out about how we spend you Sadaqah.
Here are some other ways you can support Shaukat Khanum Hospital and the life saving work we do here:Calculate and Give Your Zakat Pay Your Kaffarah Pay Your Fidyah Give Sadaqah Online Sponsor a cancer patient
Cancer Care at Shaukat Khanum Hospital
Support a patient with your Zakat Feed a cancer patient