Imran Khan Cancer Appeal
PO Box 786
66 Little Horton Lane
Tel: 01274 424 444
Freephone: 0500 786 101
Fax: 01274 424 999
Volunteer & Events Coordinator
Salary: £19,000 – £21,000
Location: Bradford, BD5 0HU
Apply by: 27 Nov 2017
IKCA has been helping people with cancer for over 24 years. We are a UK registered charity and currently looking for an energetic individual with leadership skills to manage our volunteers and events.
The aim of the role is to recruit, organise and inspire volunteers to assist with fundraising and promotional events. You will engage with volunteers, support them with their fundraising activities and enhance IKCA’s reach in all major cities. As volunteer and events coordinator, you will be required to lead and deliver comprehensive plans for events including some outdoor events. If you enjoy organising events, love talking to people and working under pressure, this is the job for you.
You will need to be a great team player working closely with IKCA staff and volunteers to support the successful implementation of the charity’s volunteering goals. The knowledge of Islamic financial matters (Zakat, Sadaqah, Waqf, Qurbani, etc.) would be an advantage. The role involves good IT skills, confident user of Outlook and Microsoft Office.
Note: Applications with no covering letter will not be considered.
- Act as the lead contact for volunteers, design relevant tasks and monitor volunteer related activities
- Provide personalised communication and acknowledge volunteers for their efforts
- Organise and oversee outdoor events for volunteers and manage IKCA fundraising events
- Contribute articles and information to the charity magazine, electronic newsletter, website and social media accounts
- Liaise with volunteers to draft the event pages on different online platforms
- To establish, build, and maintain relationships with key contacts including but not limited to donors, volunteers, schools, local community leaders, Mosques, and external organisations, including the general public.
- Help organise and host the annual volunteers Conference and other events
- Provide additional support to the manager to carry out other related tasks
- Design, organise, set-up and attend exhibitions and conferences, presenting IKCA work to potential supporters
Skills & Experience:
- High degree of personal organisation and self-management, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work within deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Clear, friendly telephone manner
- UK driving licence and willingness to spend time away attending events
- Experience in holding and managing events
- Experience coordinating and supporting volunteers and developing volunteering opportunities
- Experience gathering, collating and presenting statistical information
- Able to work well with others as part of a small team and be able to take appropriate initiative
- Passionate about the cause, charity vision and goals
- Trustworthy and honest
- An ability to speak Punjabi or Urdu would be an advantage
- Able to listen and grasp things quickly and make sensible decisions
Normal office hours are 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday with one hour lunch. Some evening and weekend work will be required for which time in lieu will be given.
Note: The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. It may be altered to reflect the needs of the charity.
Apply online for this position or send your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com If you need any further assistance, call our office on 01274 424 444.