25th Anniversary Feature Film
Our brand new feature film tells the story of how one man inspired the masses and made his dream a reality. Learn more about the history of IKCA and how your Zakat and Sadaqah have made a difference.
Watch the full film below.
For us, at IKCA, 2020 means 25 years of hope.
In 25 Years, you’ve helped us establish:
- Diagnostics Centres nationwide
- Outreach Screening Clinics nationwide
- Two Cancer Hospitals in Lahore and Peshawar
- 91 Laboratory Collection Centres across 42 cities
Today we’re building a third cancer hospital in Karachi. Find out more about how you can support the project, and why we rely on your Sadaqah to bring free cancer care to Karachi.
Through your Zakat we’ve provided free cancer treatment for 75% of our patients every year, for 25 years!
Through your Sadaqah Jariyah we’ve built two state-of-the-art cancer hospitals, serving Pakistan’s poorest regions…and now we’re on our way to building a third!
Through your support we continue to offer a life-line to people tackling cancer in Pakistan.Give Zakat Sponsor a Cancer Patient Give Sadaqah
25 Years of Firsts
Shaukat Khanum Hospital first opened its doors in Lahore on December 29th 1994. As a comprehensive care facility dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, it was a first in Pakistan. As a state-of-the-art health facility that provided free care to poor patients, in a country with no national health service, it was a first in the world.
Since then we’ve established many more firsts:
- In 1995 the first Shaukat Khanum Laboratory Collection Centre opened in Lahore. Today there are over 90 Collection Centres in 41 cities across Pakistan.
- In 1996, Shaukat Khanum Hospital was the first hospital in Pakistan to receive a visit from Dianna Princess of Wales. The royal visit drew international attention to this national achievement, which was only made possible through the Zakat and efforts of Pakistan’s worldwide.
- In 2006, our doctors conducted the first ever bone marrow transplant in Lahore. The £14,000 procedure was carried out at no charge to the patient and was made possible through the generous support of an anonymous donor.
- In 2007, SKMCH was the first hospital in Pakistan to procure a PET CT scan, whereas previously, patients in Pakistan had to go abroad to undergo this test.
- In 2015, we inaugurated the first state-of-the-art cancer hospital in Peshawar, providing free cancer care through a second Shaukat Khanum Hospital to the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region.
- In 2019, Shaukat Khanum Hospital was the first cancer hospital in Pakistan to receive the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and his wife Kate, on their historic, royal tour of the country. Their visit drew international attention, once again, to this national achievement on the cusp of our 25 year anniversary.