Grow, groom and wear your beard with pride. Revive a Sunnah and help us raise awareness of prostate cancer and funds for prostate cancer patients.
In the UK, over 47,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year. It’s the second biggest cause of cancer fatality in men. The incidence of prostate cancer is rapidly on the rise in Pakistan too, but many cases go unreported. One reason is a lack of awareness, and an unwillingness to talk about a disease many find embarrassing. Another reason is that most people from poor communities in Pakistan have no access to proper health care. Their cancer is misdiagnosed or left undiagnosed. They suffer and die in silence.
We need your man-power to shoulder the cost of treatment for patients with prostate cancer. We need your courage to raise awareness, because prevention is better than cure. We need your help to raise funds, because some of the world’s poorest cancer patients can’t afford treatment.Join the Movement
Watch the Video
A man must know his enemy before he can beat it. But how much do you know about prostate cancer? Watch our Prostate Cancer information video to learn what you don’t know. Help us raise awareness by sharing the video with all your man-friends. Remember, prevention is the best cure.
To make this video, we spoke to Dr. Irfan Ahmad, consultant Urologist & Uro-Oncologist at Shaukat Khanum Hospital Lahore. He explained that an early diagnosis is essential to treatment: “I would strongly recommend older men who suffer from lower urinary tract symptoms, to see their doctor. Especially if they have a first degree relative who suffers or has suffered from prostate cancer.” –Dr. Irfan Ahmad
Join the Movement
Grow, groom and wear your beard (and moustache combo) with pride for a month. Help us raise funds to save the lives of prostate cancer patients in Pakistan. Follow these seven easy steps:
- Set up a JustGiving page to help with fundraising.
- Start the month clean-shaven and take a selfie to prove it.
- Let everyone know what you’re doing through email and social media (be sure to share your JustGiving page link!)
- Visit the IKCA Facebook page to upload our free Grow a Beard Challenge frame to your profile picture. Also be sure to tag us in your activity, so we can support your efforts.
- Grow, groom and nurture your beard to perfection.
- Keep track of your transformation through photos and share regular updates with the people sponsoring you.
- Wear that magnificent conversation starter with pride, and tell everyone you meet about what you’re doing.